Welcome to our Nursery
Established in 1995, the Nursery is an integral part of Hamilton College; a co-educational, Christian independent school for pupils aged 3-18. The joy for learning begins in our Nursery and develops skills for life.
- Open 8am-6pm during term time
- Experienced team
- Indoor playrooms
- Spacious outdoor play area plus use of school playgrounds
- Weekly visits to school library
- Specialist French, PE, Gymnastics and Music teaching
- Optional Swimming and Drama lessons
- Award winning healthy snacks and hot lunches provided
The Nursery is open from 8am-6pm during term time, excluding public holidays and school inset days. We are registered for 32 children at any one time with a staff-to-child ratio of 1:8.
Experienced and Engaging Staff
The dedicated staff consist of a Head of Nursery and Early Years’ Practitioners. All staff are fully qualified and regularly engage in continuous professional development to update their knowledge and skills and keep abreast of key developments in the sector. All staff have substantial experience in working with children aged 3-5 years and are passionate about giving children the best possible start to their educational journey.
“Staff are always positive, encouraging and patient.” (Current Parent)
In our work with the children we aim to:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment where children can become confident and independent individuals and develop the skills necessary for learning, life and work.
- Provide learning opportunities which build on children's previous experience and knowledge and takes account of their individual needs, learning styles and interests.
- Promote responsible citizenship by respecting property and encouraging children to form positive attitudes towards others whose gender, race, culture, faith and abilities may be different from their own.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, respecting home life and recognising the vital contribution that they make to a child’s development and learning.
- Engage in collaborative work with other professionals to create an optimum learning environment and smooth transitions from Nursery to school.
- Respect the rights and opinions of children ensuring that they have opportunities to become effective contributors and play an active part in their learning and the life of the Nursery.
Bright and Stimulating Environment
The Nursery consists of semi-open-plan playrooms. Each room is bright and stimulating and is well equipped to promote the holistic development of young children. A safe, enclosed garden area to the rear of the Nursery offers lots of space and opportunity for play and learning to extend outdoors. Every day the children have the opportunity to use the outdoor area and to move freely between the indoor playrooms.
As part of the school community we also make use of the wider school facilities:
- Junior School Assembly Hall
- Gymnasium and games hall within the PE Department
- Junior School Active Learning Room
- Junior School Music Room
- Swimming Pool
- Dining Hall
“Fantastic outdoor area for exploring.” (Current Parent)